For businesses and organizations who don't know where to start, or have started to include Indigenous perspectives but want to do more. Our experienced consultants will work with you to:
- identify areas of opportunity
- provide practical recommendations on how to develop your business to provide authentic representation of localized Indigenous ways of knowing/doing
- Review and proofread reports and other documents with an Indigenous lens, providing feedback and/or recommendations for more decolonial, inclusive language
- Working with human resource departments to ensure Indigenous values are represented in policy, procedures and guidelines. ex. Indigenous bereavement practices traditions; seasonal ceremonies; cultural resources available through company Employee Assistance Programs (EAP), etc.;
- Assessment of current institutional culture and governance structure. Recommendations made to honour traditional values of governance in the workplace;
- Review and assessment of institutional Indigenization initiatives, followed by recommendations and development of a corporate Indigenization Strategy, with full implementation package.
- First Nation Communities
- Indigenous Urban Organizations.
- School Boards
- Non-Profit Organizations
Training and Professional Development
Indigenize.ca offers Indigenous Cultural Safety Training and will customize training to fit the unique needs of your business and your staff needs. Training offers historical context, and what it means for you today in your line of business. In addition, our team has developed a wide variety of training sessions and workshops that fosters a deeper understanding of Indigenous peoples of Canada. These sessions are designed to create safe spaces to have candid discussions and ask the questions you may be afraid to ask.
For those who feel they practice cultural safety in the workplace, but want to take it a step further...
We offer a wide range of training options for you and your staff in order to break down barriers and open your company up to a world of new, meaningful partnership opportunities.
Looking to engage and build relationships with local Indigenous peoples, organizations, and communities but are not sure where to start? Our consultants will sit down with you to provide advice on where to begin, and how to ensure that your genuineness is displayed authentically and in a way that will foster long-term, meaningful relationships.
Educational Programming and Cultural Workshops
Looking for a guest speaker or activity? Our consultants have years of teaching experience, expert facilitation skills and would be happy to develop something that will meet your needs, and if we can not deliver ourselves, we can make referrals to Indigenous experts who can!
- Anishinaabemowin language workshops in partnership with local school boards;
- Indigenous Health & Well-being Education Sessions with local health centres and the Local Health Integration Network (Eastern LHIN);
- Youth Empowerment workshops for Indigenous youth in care (Ontario Association of Children's Aid Societies);
- Embracing Indigenous Identity (part of speaker series);
- Land-Based Education and traditional food systems at local outdoor education centres (School Boards);
- What is Indigenization?;
- Implementing UNDRIP (United Nations Declaration for the Rights of Indigenous Peoples) - customized business action plans or through policy instruments
- Medicine Walks - identifying traditional medicinal plants*
- Medicine Workshops*
*please note that information shared in this sessions will differ based on the client and in a way that ensures cultural integrity. We are not offering clients teachings (in Indigenous medicine for example). So although we do share what we know, at the end of our sessions, you will not know Anishinaabe ways of knowing and doing and you will not know Anishinaabe medicine or healing practices. The most we can offer is to provide enough information to gain a perspective, and how Indigenous ways of knowing will be relevant within your line of work.
Did not find what you are looking for?
If you cannot find what you are looking for on our webpage, please feel free to contact us and we will work together come up with a solution to your needs.